SagaVista is a licensed tour operator offering private hiking tours to amazing trails near Iceland's capital Reykjavik. Experience Icelandic nature off the beaten track on your own with experienced guides. Our guides are friendly, love the outdoors and have a vast knowledge of Icelandic history and geology. We specialize in half-day trips to trails off the beaten track and use drones and phones to capture your hike for the most vivid memory of your trip to Iceland.
Mid-Atlantic Ridge hike
- Price: ISK 19900 per person for a private guide - min 2 guests - max 4 guests
- Tour duration: 4 hours roundtrip
- Trail distance: 8 km roundtrip
- Elevation: 397 meters
- Elevation gain: 230 meters
- Difficulty: 4/10 - easy hiking with modest elevation gain
- Pro video included: Professional grade video of your hike for sharing with friends on social media
- Hiking snacks included: Icelandic flatbread w/ brie, chocolate, hot coffee w/ cream and a cold beer after the hike
- Transportation included
- Spikes for shoes and hiking poles included
The Mid-Atlantic ridge hike features a trail to the peak of Mount Stapatindar in an active volcanic and geothermal area on the Reykjanes peninsula. The lunar landscape is the perfect place for capturing drone footage of your Icelandic hiking experience. The start point for this hike is just 25 minutes outside Reykjavik on a trail that is totally off the beaten path.
The Reykjanes peninsula is one of the youngest parts of Iceland. The area is very active volcanically and the volcanoes here are responsible for the lava fields you see across the peninsula and even in the capital Reykjavik. As you hike the ridge towards the summit vast moss covered lava fields appear to the west. To the east you’ll see Lake Kleifarvatn and the amazing landscape formed by the interaction between glaciers and volcanoes.