Viking Vista hike
13900 ISK PER PERSON / Moderate / 3.5 HOURS
The Viking Vista hike features a trail up to the summit of the Mount Vifilfell volcano just outside Reykjavik with amazing views of Iceland’s southwest coast. According to the Icelandic sagas Vifill was a freed slave who accompanied Iceland's first settler, Ingolfur Arnason, on his journey to Iceland. Vifill is said to have always climbed the mountain to check the weather before setting out to fish.
You’ll get a professional fully edited drone video of your hike afterwards and we’ll share tales of Icelandic history along the way.
Price: ISK 13900 per person
- Guest to guide ratio: Max 4 guests per guide
- Optional extra: Cinematic drone video of your hike
- Tour duration: 3.5 hours roundtrip
- Trail distance: 6 km roundtrip
- Elevation: 665 meters
- Elevation gain: 450 meters
- Difficulty: 5/10 - easy to moderate hiking with simple rock scrambling near summit
- Included: Transportation, spikes for shoes and hiking poles
Bring comfortable shoes, layered clothing, snacks and drinks. We supply spikes for shoes, when needed, and poles for all hikers.