Mount Esja hike
ISK 13900 per person / moderate / 4 hours
The hike features the trails to the summit of Mount Esja across the bay from Reykjavik harbor and offers incredible vistas of Iceland´s southwest coast and capital area. There are dozens of routes to choose from and the mountain offers a great range of experiences from easy hiking, to stream crossings to scrambling up boulders in the upper sections. The drive to your start point will take 20 minutes and the hike to the summit takes approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes for a total tour time of 4 hours.
The hike starts in a forested area covered in grass and fields of beautiful purple lupines. You’ll then ascend to higher elevations with simple stream crossing and boulder fields. The scenery is amazing and provide the perfect backdrop for amazing images and breathtaking drone footage of your hike.
You’ll get a professional fully edited drone video of your hike afterwards and we’ll share tales of Icelandic history along the way.
- Price: ISK 13900 per person
- Guest to guide ratio: Max 4 guests per guide
- Optional extra: Cinematic drone video of your hike
- Tour duration: 4 hours roundtrip
- Trail distance: 6.5 km roundtrip
- Elevation: 770 meters
- Elevation gain: 750 meters
- Overall difficulty: 5/10 - easy to moderate hiking with simple scrambling near summit
- Included: Transportation, spikes for shoes and hiking poles
Bring comfortable shoes and layered clothing. We’ll stop to buy snacks and drinks on the way. We supply spikes for shoes, when needed, and hiking poles.